Panoply Hi-viz Yellow-grey Double-zip Boilersuit Overalls
Rating: 7.8 out of 10 - reviewed by Coveralls on 09/04/2012
I thought I'd give Panoply coveralls another go, as I wasn't impressed by their Mach 3 coveralls, and although the style was good, I marked them down on the fit.
The Double Zip Boilersuit is another striking design from Panoply; I tend to associate the double-zip garments with parachute jumpsuits; the double-zip design is also quite popular in France. I guess handy if you want to dress or undress in a hurry, once you've got the knack of getting in and out of it.
The size 'L' came up quite large on me and felt a bit baggy on. I didn't like the neck, as it felt quite exposed, and it didn't come up high enough. I guess it's more designed to wear over thick clothes.
The sleeves were also too long and loose, and I didn't like that the zips ended about 10cms short of the end of the legs, as these flapped around when you walked.
In conclusion, good looks, but let down on the proportions.
- Stylish design, like the Yellow/Grey colour scheme
- The cut of the boilersuit, correct height and waist, but cut too generously and generally baggy.
- Polycotton - 60% Polyester / 40% Cotton
- 270 g/m²
- Double Front Zip Fastening
- 2 chest pockets closed by zip
- 1 double pocket on left leg
- 1 rule pocket on right leg
- 1 rear pocket
- 2 hip pockets
- Elasticated waist
- 3M Scotchlite™ retro reflecting bands on body, sleeves and bottom of legs
- Topstitched raglan sleeves with a dark grey piping and with a retro reflecting piping
- Reinforced at heavy wear points: neck, shoulders, knees
- Elasticated waist
- S, M. L, XL, XXL, 3XL
- Fluorescent Yellow / Grey
- EN471 32
Overall score (out of 10)
- Portwest Hi-Vis Multi-Norm flame-retardant FR60 Coverall
- Portwest Bizweld Orange Flame Resistant BIZ1 Overall
- Review of Derby Unitex Emergency Services Beaver Nylon coverall/jumpsuit
- Review of PHS Besafe Hi-Vis Orange Teflon Coated Premium Railway Coverall
- Review of Dickies Hi Vis Orange GO/RT Polycotton Coverall