Roots Flamebuster Nordic anti-static orange coverall
Rating: 8.8 out of 10 - reviewed by Coveralls on 28/02/2011
The Roots Flamebuster Nordic coverall has been designed specifically to meet the demands of the offshore industry
While I can't say how this coverall holds up on an oil rig, I wore this coverall for the whole day on a job I was doing a few summers ago. Even though the material is heaver than normal poly cotton coveralls, I kept fairly cool even out in the sun.
The cut is really good, it fits me well with the elasticated back, without being too tight, and it allows lots of movement in the arms with the action back; the crotch is in exactly the right place, not too low! I'm 6'2" and the leg length was ample, which is normally a problem with coveralls that only come in a regular length.
The zips are all very solid and secure, and there is a stud closures at the top of the zip at the neck, and one further one to close the collar. It lacks, which is a good thing in my view, the annoying one at the waist, that always comes undone when you lean forwards. There are also stud closures on the cuffs with two positions.
The design and styling is good, with angled breast pockets, and useful pen pocket on the arm. The most recent designs have flaps over the breast pockets.
- Comfort, design and styling
- 99% cotton Pyrovatex FR-treated 350 g/m sateen weave material with 1% Negastat anti-static yarn.
- Zip-front coverall with stud closure to the neck.
- Stud closures on sleeve cuffs.
- Two zipped chest pockets
- Two side swing pockets with trouser access.
- Two hip patch pockets with rule pocket in right leg
- Pen pocket on left sleeve
- High-quality YKK zips
- Flame-retardant retro-reflective tape for enhanced visibility
- Conforms to: EN 340:2003 EN 1149-5:2008 EN ISO 11611:2007:(Class 1-A1):50 washes EN ISO 11612:2008 (A1 B1 C1 D0 E3 F1):50 washes IEC 61482-2:2009 (Class 1)
Overall score (out of 10)